American Grown , by First Lady and Let's Move ! champion Michelle Obama .
Makes 8 servings
1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
1 pound fresh spinach, well washed and drained
**Salt and freshly ground black pepper**
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup half-and-half
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
8 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, drizzle in the olive oil. Add the garlic and onion and saute until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Do not let the garlic burn. Add the spinach, a little at a time, and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and half-and-half. Add the lemon zest and thyme. Add the spinach, the feta cheese and half the Swiss cheese and mix until well combined. **Season with salt and pepper.**
4. Pour the mixture carefully into the pie crust and sprinkle the remaining Swiss cheese evenly over the top.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.