Monday, October 28, 2013

Easy Apple & Oatmeal Crisp

This is a special shout-out to Louise at Monthsofediblecelebrations, the first thing my kids ask when they get home from school On Wednesdays is what Ms. Louise posted on Wordless Wednesdays' , they enjoy the photos, her garden and the moon shots , which they said mama  those are awesome photos .
My girls loved last week Wordless Wednesday , my girls asked  could they make the Apple Oatmeal Crisps , my boys  said please mama  we will be the tasters and Mae (hubby's aunt, who lives with us) said she would keep an eye on them .They also wanted to see if they could make cookies from the same recipe , so Mae being the wise older lady  said of course you can , you are of course your mother's daughters . (on guard everyone  there's never a dull or quiet moment at my house)  so here we go , enjoy  the moment and hope it bring a smile to your face .
My girls are 9 and 10  ,  my boys are 5 and 11 , they are wonderful tasters  spoons and bowls was licked cleaned .
               Easy Apple & Oatmeal Crisp
Prep: 10 minutes    Bake : 25 minutes    Makes  6 to 8 servings

Ingredients :
1           cup all-purpose flour
3/4        cup packed brown sugar
1/4        teaspoon salt
1/2        cup butter or margarine
1           cup rolled oats
1           21-ounce can apple pie filling

Directions :
1.       In a small mixing bowl  stir together  flour , brown sugar  and salt . Cut in Butter  until mixture  resembles  coarse  crumbs ; stir in oats . Press  2 cups of the mixture  into a greased  2-quart baking dish . Top evenly with pie filling . Sprinkle with remaining  crumb mixture  on top . Bake in a 375F oven for 25 minutes . Serve  while warm and top with  a scoop of ice cream ; your choice .

       Easy Apple Oatmeal Crisp Cookies
Prep  time : same as the Apple Oatmeal Crisp
Bake 15 minutes are until golden brown on edges ,  I have no idea how many cookies  the boys was sampling as ther came out the oven .
Added ingredients  are in red :

3/4      cup packed brown sugar + 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1         cup rolled oats + 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2      butter  + 1/2 cup butter
Directions :
Mix all ingredients  together same as Apple Oatmeal Cookie Crisp , spray the  cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
Using a medium-size  ice cream  scoop or a table spoon , scoop out even portions  and  place  about 1-1/2 inches apart  and bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown  around the edges .

17 comments:

  1. Such joy, Nee! What a wonderful way to start my week. I can't tell you how delighted I am to know that your children enjoy Wordless Wednesdays. I feel like I could just jump through my computer screen right into that Apple & Oatmeal Crisp. How creative of them to also whip up cookies! I do believe I can smell them from here, lol...

    We have some new bakers and tasters on the rise and that's just wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing, Nee and please thank the kids for making my day just a little bit brighter! They ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise , they were so proud to see their creation posted , I will surely show them your comment. I ask my older boy did he want to cook and he said no mama I'm just into eating :) thanks for stopping by :).

      Delete
  2. Hi Nee, your apple oatmeal crisp cookies do indeed sounds very easy to prepare. Besides, these cookies are very healthy and nutritious too. Have a great week ahead :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ivy , they are very easy , my girls seen the recipe on Wordless Wednesdays at Louise . Thanks for stopping by :).

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a lot of fun in the kitchen. I love involving the family in things like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nellie, I did have fun , a family that prays , laugh and cook together , stays together , well what what i hopeanyway :D) thanks for stopping by ,

      Delete
  4. Dear Nee, What a delicious and fun post! I love it when the kiddies enjoy cooking and baking too! For years I had my nephew and two nieces bake our Italian cookies and cakes at holiday times. They love it, and ask me every year, "When can we bake again Aunt Dottie?" Both recipes sound fantastic and easy! Thanks to Louise as she is the one that gave inspiration to this baking frenzy! Thanks for sharing, Blessings for a great week, Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dottie , it was fun to do and made me proud they wanted to do it , yes I do so think Louise for being an inspiration to my kids , they are asking what she going to do this Wednesday , I told theem they have to wait and see like the rest of us , as you know my dear Dottie , our Louise is full of surprises :) , thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Dear Nee, These desserts are beautiful. They are seasonal for all the beautiful apples and healthy too. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine , thank you so very much , my kids made them from a recipe on Louise Wordless Wednesdays , thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. How wonderful that your children are so nice..girls are really after mom :) The Crisp is really nice, I am sure boys loved it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Medeja , the kids had a ball , and the Apple Criap and cookies was quiet tasty , thank you for stopping by :).

      Delete
  7. Hi Nee,
    It is so nice to hear about your children!
    And how lovely to have wonderful tasters, which they enjoyed doing!
    The apple oatmeal crisp looks wonderful, wish I could dig right in!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce My kids love to look at all the wonderful foods my friends and fellow foodies post , I do have a lot of help in the food department :D thanks for stopping by .

      Delete
  8. the cookies is just perfect for my lunch box....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dentistvchef , the girls made enough to share , thanks for stopping by :).

      Delete
  9. delicious i love to have that with my friends

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends, thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to say hello. The welcome mat is always out and the coffee is always hot .I really appreciate your sweet gesture!