Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

Prep : 20 minutes       Cook : 1 hour     Serves  8

This brown sugar  meatloaf is glazed  with brown sugar  and ketchup  for a moist  and flavorful  weekend dinner .

1/2          cup packed brown sugar
1/2          cup ketchup
1-1/2       pounds lean ground beef
3/4          cup milk
2             eggs
1-1/2       teaspoons salt
1             small onion , chopped
1/4          teaspoon ground ginger
3/4          cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs

1 .     Preheat oven to 350* . Lightly grease a 5X9-inch loaf pan .
2 .     Press  the brown sugar  in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan  and spread  the ketchup over the sugar.
3.       In a mixing bowl  , mix thoroughly  all remaining ingredients  and shape into a loaf . Place on top of ketchup.
4.       Bake in preheated  oven for 1 hour  or until juices are clear .

8 comments:

  1. This makes me ready for meat loaf! Your family eats very well if you feed them all these things that you post!

    Thank you for your visits and comments to my blog, Nee! Today is stitch-removal day!:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nellie , we had this meatloaf for dinner last Thursday evening , I'm a stay at home mom , I do a lot of cooking , gardening and I truly loves cooking . thanks for stopping by :).

      Delete
  2. Dear Nee, what a terrific idea. I have not made meatloaf in a long time. Now I have a reason to try your delicious recipe. I love the brown sugar that you add in. Meatlaof was always a staple in my house. My mother used to serve meatloaf with mashed potatoes and string beans. Then, if there was any leftover, we would have it cold in a sandwich the next day for lunch! Thanks for sharing...Blessings, Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dottie , we do the same if there is any left overs , there are so many different ways to make meatloaf. Having to cook dinner everyday , you have to put a twist on things , thanks for stopping b :).

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've ever had a brown sugar glaze on a meat loaf. Terrific idea! Love this - thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John , have to think off different twists to foods I prepare so my kids won't get bored , thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy Nee, I bet the kids loved this one! Meat loaf is so versatile and it's always a good way to "sneak" some nutrition in too. I put applesauce in my meat loaf sometimes, actually I've put a lot of unusual things in meat loaf now that I think of it, lol...

    Thanks for sharing, Nee...I'm so glad you and the kids enjoyed the post today. I'll be looking forward to those apples when the girls make them, lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blessed , my kids love most vegetables , with all the recipes and cook books I have collected over the years , this is a good place to store and share my favoriates .
      I am looking forward for the apple crisps , you know I will post them with picture . Thanks for stopping by :).

      Delete

Hi friends, thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to say hello. The welcome mat is always out and the coffee is always hot .I really appreciate your sweet gesture!