Involve your kids in yard work and household chores. Cleaning, raking and vacuuming all burn calories!
Working to be a good-health role model for your kids? Follow these tips to become a more active family:
1. Grab the calendar. Schedule regular activity, like an after-dinner walk.
2. Let kids help plan activities and check them off as the family accomplishes each one.
3. Involve your kids in yard work and household chores. Cleaning, raking and vacuuming all burn calories!
4. Look for free and low-cost programs at community and recreation centers. Find a walking trail or park to give your family a change of scenery for exercise excursions.
5. Introduce your kids to new fitness opportunities with classes in tennis, gymnastics and other activities. Some programs offer adult classes, too.
6. Plan indoor activities like mall walking, active video games and living room dance parties in case the weather doesn’t cooperate. Twister, anyone?
7. Limit television, video game and computer time to two hours a day. That’s a good limit for adults, not just kids.
8. Start small and add a little more exercise when everyone is ready. Take the dog for a longer walk or play ball a few more minutes.
9. Make exercise fun with obstacle courses and recreational challenges.
10. Make rewards part of an active lifestyle. Go to the zoo or plan a day at the lake.
WORDS OF WISDOM:
A smile ia a curve that sets a lot of things straight .
Laughter is the shortest distance between two people .
If you aim at nothing , you will hit it everytime .