7 bacon slices, diced
2 cups finely chopped onion (1 large)
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
2 pounds ground chuck
1-1/2 cups soft, fresh breadcrumbs
3 large eggs
1/4 cup cola soft drink
2 tablespoons bourbon*
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup ketchup
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1-1/2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
8 Texas toast slices
1 tablespoon butter
8 large eggs
8 thick tomato slices
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
**Chopped fresh parsley**
1. Prepare Meatloaf: Preheat oven to 350°. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Add onions and next 2 ingredients to hot drippings, and sauté 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, and let cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
2. Add ground chuck, next 5 ingredients, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, and cooked bacon to onion mixture in bowl, and combine mixture, using hands. Stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, and remaining 1/2 cup ketchup in a separate bowl.
3. Transfer meat mixture to a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loafpan. Brush top with ketchup mixture.
4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 155°. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour, reserving 1 cup drippings.
5. Prepare Gravy: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Slowly whisk in broth and meatloaf drippings. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, whisking constantly, 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, and 1/4 tsp. lemon juice. Remove from heat.
6. Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange Texas toast slices on a baking sheet, and bake 8 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from oven.
7. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Gently break 4 eggs into a hot skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from skillet, and cover with aluminum foil. Repeat procedure with remaining 4 eggs.
8. Cut meatloaf into 8 slices. Sprinkle tomato slices with desired amount of salt. Spread 1 side of each toast slice with 1 1/2 tsp. mayonnaise. Top each toast slice, mayonnaise sides up, with 1 tomato slice and 1 meatloaf slice. Gently place 1 cooked egg on each meatloaf slice. Serve with gravy; sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and freshly ground pepper.