Saturday, August 3, 2013

Chipotle-Rubbed Flank Steak

Total : 25 minutes            Makes  4 servings  (serving size: 3 ounces steak & 3 tablespoons sauce)

This spicy steak with Gorgonzola cheese sauce is a flavorful and filling meal.

1              teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
1              teaspoon paprika
1/4           teaspoon salt
1              (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
1              teaspoon olive oil 
2              tablespoons finely chopped shallots
1              garlic clove, finely chopped
1              teaspoon all-purpose flour
2/3           cup 1% low-fat milk 
1/4           cup (1 ounce) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1              teaspoon butter
2              teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

1.        Preheat broiler to high.
2.        Combine first 3 ingredients. Sprinkle steak with chipotle mixture. Place on a broiler pan; broil 5 minutes on each side. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut thinly across grain.
3.        Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add flour; cook 30 seconds, stirring. Add milk; boil. Cook until reduced by half. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and remaining ingredients.

12 comments:

  1. Good morning, Nee,

    May I come to your house for dinner? Flank steak is a favorite of mine and yours sounds delicious!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comAugust 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM

    Nee, I am coming with Louise too. Any extras????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise,

    Of course you are invited the door is always open for friends.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ivy ,

    Come over with Louise , there's always move at my tables :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like we're having a party!!! I'll being the drinks, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having a party with good friends is what life is all about :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love flank steak! And chipotle. Put them together? Heaven! This looks wonderful - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, This looks so delicious. You made me hungry and I just finished supper,I am pinning the recipe!
    I couldn't locate an email to reply, but I want you to know I so appreciate your prayers for Ronnie and his family.
    xo Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John ,
    Made enough for you & Mrs. K R so grab a couple of plates . :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ginger , so glad to share in prayer ... I signed up to follow you by email .
    Keep me posted .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nee,
    You have to set another plate at your dinner table. I'm joining Louise and Ivy! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joyce ,
    We are waiting for you , hurry girl before it's still hot :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends, thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to say hello. The welcome mat is always out and the coffee is always hot .I really appreciate your sweet gesture!