Monday, November 4, 2013

Vegetarian Chili

Prep: 10 minutes     Cook : 50 minutes     Makes  4 quarts      12 servings

This recipe  makes a large pot of  chili  that's loaded  with color  and flavor . Once the chopping is done  , it's quick to cook .

4             medium zucchini , chopped
2             medium onions , chopped
1             medium green pepper , chopped
1             medium sweet red pepper , chopped
4             garlic cloves , minced
1/4          cup olive oil
2             cans (28 ounces each) Italian stewed  tomatoes , cut up
1             can (15 0unces ) tomat sauce
1             can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1            can (15 ounces) black beans , rinsed and drained
1           jalapeno pepper , seeded and chopped
1/4        cup minced  fresh cilantro  and parsley
2           tablespoons  chili powder
1          tablespoon sugar
1           teaspoon salt
1           teaspoon ground cumin

In  dutch oven  , saute the zucchini , onions , peppers  and garlic in oil  until tender . Stir in the tomatoes  , tomato sauce  , beans , jalapeno  and seasonings ; bring  to a boil  over medium heat . Reduce  heat ; cover  and simmer  for 30 minutes  , stirring  occasionally .
TIP :
You can freeze chile up to 1 month .

12 comments:

  1. This is a good one to add to my files for our two vegetarians in the family! Thanks for sharing! And - thank you so much for your visits to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nellie , o many delicious veggies , you don't need meat all the time ... I am so lucky my kids loves veggies ... who am I kidding my kids my kids loves almost everything with a lot of spices . I have you on my blogroll , thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Dear Nee, Your recipe is definitely a hearty dish. A good comfort food when it is cold outside! I love a good chili, it always hits the spot! Plus this one is very easy, and that is great especially when you do not have much time to spare! Thanks for sharing! Blessings for a fabulous week of joy! Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dottie , it's a great dish , all you need is a large bowl and spoon , the chili also freezes well , up to 2 months , thanks for stopping by :).

      Delete
  3. That's one packed Chili, Nee. So much goodness all in the same bowl! I bet the kids loved it!!! Did they help with preparing the veggies, lol...

    Thanks for sharing, Nee...

    P.S. Did Pinterest ever fix the problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise , The kids loved it and they helped prepare the veggies , my baby boy loves to eat the peppers raw . Lucky me , my kids love vegetables , thanks for stopping by :).

      Pintester says I am following you , but there has to be a glinch somewhere , a lot of people is having the same problem , and they think me for my patience . So , I am waiting .

      Delete
    2. You are indeed very lucky your kids like veggies, Nee. It's funny how so many kids love raw peppers. My grandson loves the red ones the best as long as they aren't hot peppers, lol...

      You are being very patient. I'm not sure I would be. But, what else could you do I guess. I'm waiting patiently too. I want to add you to the Pasta Board!!!

      Delete
    3. I do think Pinester has grown so large in such a short period of time like Blogger and a lot of team members is telling about their experience and how they fixed it , I get feedback and I bet it is just a simple task , I email them about 3 or 4 times a week , so I will wait > :D

      Delete
  4. Dear Nee, A wonderful warm and comforting dish for this COLD weather that swooped upon us. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine , time to bring out the slow-cookers and kettles , thanks for stopping by :).

      Delete
  5. Hi Nee,

    My friend eats only vegetarian and gluten free food and I reckon she will like this :)

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zoe , I cook a lot of meatless (vegetarian) recipes , stay tuned . thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends, thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to say hello. The welcome mat is always out and the coffee is always hot .I really appreciate your sweet gesture!