Makes 4 to 6 servings
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt 1 teaspoon ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 (1-1/2- to 1-3/4-lb.) flank, skirt, or tri-tip steak
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 (22-oz.) package frozen potato wedges, thawed
3 tablespoons butter
1 (9-oz.) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
3 tablespoons drained capers 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
1. Stir together brown sugar and next 3 ingredients. Rub steak with sugar mixture, and let stand 5 minutes.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a cast-iron grill pan over high heat. Add steak; cook, turning once, until seared, 12-16 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from skillet; cover loosely with aluminum foil. (Alternatively, cook steak on gas or charcoal grill.)
3. Meanwhile, cook potatoes in remaining 3 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from skillet.
4. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add artichokes and garlic; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Stir in parsley, next 2 ingredients, potatoes, and remaining 1 Tbsp. butter; cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices, and serve with potato mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Made with Alexia All Natural Oven Reds with Olive Oil, Parmesan & Roasted Garlic potatoes.
Spring vegetables are here! So hit the market and use the season's bounty to cook five colorful weeknight meals short on prep time and full of garden-fresh flavor.