Prep / Total time : 1 hour 15 minutes Serves 12
I love this pretty pull-apart bread, and drop-in company just raves about it. Because it uses refrigerated biscuits, it's so easy and quick to fix. You can try whatever jam you have on hand in place of the marmalade
Bundling each biscuit with its own helping of cinnamon, sugar and cream cheese ensures every bite of this twist on monkey bread is absolutely addictive.
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, cubed
2 tubes (12 oz. ea.) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes
1-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat brown sugar and butter on high for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
2. Flatten each biscuit into a 3-inch circle.
3. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon in the center of each biscuit. Top with a cream cheese cube. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal tightly.
4. Sprinkle 1/2 cup walnuts into a 10-inch fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the biscuits, cinnamon-sugar and butter mixture and 1/2 cup walnuts. Repeat layers.
5. Bake at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter.
Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.