Prep / Cook Time: 25 minutes, plus at least 3 hours to marinate.
Makes 20 pieces, 4 to 6 serving
Tangy, a little salty, and not too sweet.
10 chicken wings (about 2 lbs.)
Margarits Marinade (recipe below)
1. Rinse wings, pat dry, and cut apart at joints. Put in a re-sealable plastic bag with marinade. Seal and refrigerate, turning occasionally, at least 3 hours and up to overnight. Remove wings; reserve marinade.
2. Preheat oven to 500°. Line a large baking pan with aluminum foil and coat lightly with oil. Arrange wings skin side up and brush with reserved marinade.
3. Bake wings until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Turn over, brush with marinade, and bake another 5 to 6 minutes. Turn once more, brush with marinade, and bake until skin is brown and glossy, 2 to 4 minutes. Serve warm, with lime wedges
Margarita Marinade :
Makes 1-3/4 cups, enough for 2 pounds chicken wings
Just like the cocktail it's named for, this easy marinade is a four-ingredient flavor explosion of tart, sweet, and salty all rolled up into one. Here it's used to jazz up chicken wings, but it works wonders for flank steak, grilled pork, and chicken thighs too.
3/4 cup tequila
3/4 cup triple sec
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
1. In a bowl, whisk together tequila and triple sec.
2. Stir in lime juice and salt.
3. Stir until salt dissolves.